My name is Dr. April E. Stewart, a God-fearing Woman- born and raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
I want to help you restore your sparkle with yourself, significant other, family, friends, and colleagues.
I will help you work at a pace that you feel comfortable with, and help you set goals when you feel ready.
I am supportive, encouraging, honest, and genuine.
My role is to support you in taking charge of your success in life. You deserve to find the strength and happiness to live your life on your terms. I am honored to be part of that process.
I focus on you as a whole person. I help you develop new tools and skills so that you can more easily cope with issues that may have once seemed beyond your capability.
For nearly 15 years I have worked as a Social Worker in the Human Services and Criminal Justice fields. I’ve had the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the following capacities:
- Emergency Room Licensed Clinician
- Medical Social Worker
- Clinical Director for a Co-Occurring Treatment Program
- Psychotherapist in Private Practice
- Clinical Supervisor
- Undergraduate and Graduate Adjunct Professor
- Community Engagement and Partnership Program Coordinator
- Mentor for At-Risk Youth
I am well-seasoned in the therapeutic practices and interventions required to preserve and maintain a sense of wholeness and well-being.
As a Tennesse Licensed Clinician in private practice, I assist people interested in Online Therapy, Life Coaching, and Clinical Supervision.
Whatever your problem or goal may be, I offer support and encouragement to help you conquer them. I show you effective coping and problem-solving tools, so that you can take charge of your life again.
I am here for you.
Education and Credentials
To provide my clients with safe, respectable, integrated services, I have dedicated myself to learning all I can about the human condition. To that end, I hold multiple degrees, licensure, and certifications.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Human Services, Specialization in Counseling Studies, Capella University (2014)
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice, Bowling Green State University (2017)
- Master of Science in Social Work, University of Knoxville (2008)
- Bachelor of Social Work, Middle Tennessee State University (2007)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Tennessee Board of Social Work Licensure
- Mandatory Pre-screening Agent (MPA)
- Human Services Board Certified Practitioner (HS-BCP)
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
- National Association of Social Workers
Take Your Life Back
I can help you master your life and take back your sparkle and joy. You don’t have to struggle. If you think we might be a good fit for one another, schedule an appointment today!
You can have a better life.